Earn 7.0% APY staking with Solana Compass
Help decentralize and secure the Solana network delegating your stake to us and earn an impressive 7.0% APY yield on your SOL, while supporting us to create new guides and tools. Learn more
Earn 7.0% APY staking with Solana Compass
Help decentralize and secure the Solana network delegating your stake to us and earn an impressive 7.0% APY yield on your SOL, while supporting us to create new guides and tools.
Breakpoint 2023: Winners of the Hyperdrive Hackathon
The Solana Foundation announces the winners of the Hyperdrive Hackathon, highlighting innovative blockchain projects.
At the forefront of blockchain innovation, Solana Foundation's Head of Growth, Matty Taylor, recently announced the winners of their latest Hyperdrive Hackathon. This event not only marks a significant milestone for the Solana community but also serves as a testament to the thriving ecosystem that the foundation has nurtured over recent years. The hackathon has become a bedrock for fresh talent and pioneering projects, embracing a global set of developers and startup founders. Matty Taylor's address highlights the growth and the opportunities that the hackathon presents for participants and the blockchain industry at large.
The Solana Hackathon Program
The Solana Foundation has constructed its hackathon program to stand out from typical hackathons. They've focused on attracting startup founders and talented developers to build on the Solana network. The unique structure of the hackathons encourages participants to develop their own creative ideas and envision the potential for startups within the blockchain ecosystem for years to come. Unlike traditional hackathons, Solana's version eschews specific bounties in favor of broad, inventive exploration into the capabilities of the network.
Impact and Statistics
Over the past three years, the Solana hackathons have become a catalyst for innovation and growth within the blockchain industry. With eight hackathons held since 2020, they have facilitated the launch of approximately 4,000 projects. A notable 80% of venture-capital-backed startups in the Solana ecosystem originated within these hackathons. The recent Hyperdrive event alone witnessed 907 project submissions from over 120 countries, reflecting the global reach and adoption of Solana's technology.
The Winners of Hyperdrive Hackathon
In a suspense-filled reveal, the winners across various tracks were announced, spanning finance, infrastructure, games, mobile apps, and AI. Notable winners include Alexandria, Eppplex, Soul Save, Shaga, Solinked, Wisdom, and Pupkey Link. Additionally, special awards were given for categories like university projects, public goods, and climate solutions. The grand champion went to Blaug's Bot, chosen unanimously by the judges and receiving overwhelming support.
Facts + Figures
- The Solana Foundation has run eight hackathons over the last three years.
- Approximately 4,000 projects have been launched from these hackathons.
- Total funding for hackathon-winning projects has reached over $650 million.
- 80% of VC-backed startups in the Solana ecosystem began in the hackathon program.
- The most recent Hyperdrive hackathon had 907 submissions from over 120 countries.
- The hackathons are focused on attracting startup founders and encouraging long-term project development.
- Winners were announced across seven different tracks, with one grand champion.
- "We decided to double down on that and really make Solana hackathons not like a traditional hackathon..."
- "Total venture funding into hackathon winners has topped out at 650 million..."
- "We have Alexandria, first place, Luxhouse 2, Surfer Finance 3, Juicer 4, and Segal 1-5."
- "First is Wisdom... Second is Aperture... Third is Bite In... Fourth is Friday... Five is Guardian AI."
- "Number one, Pupkey Link... Number two, Tottami... Three is Hub Three... Four is Dow Create... And five is Onda."
- "The Grand Champion... it was unanimously chosen by the judges... it's Blaug's Bot."
What is the purpose of the Solana hackathon program?
The purpose of the Solana hackathon program is to attract and nurture talent within the blockchain industry, with a particular emphasis on startup founders. The foundation encourages participants to bring their creative ideas to life and envision long-term projects on the Solana network.
How many projects have been launched from Solana hackathons?
Over the past three years, approximately 4,000 projects have been launched from Solana's hackathons. These projects have significantly contributed to the expansion and innovation within the Solana ecosystem.
What was the scale of participation in the Hyperdrive hackathon?
The Hyperdrive hackathon saw impressive global participation with 907 project submissions from developers in over 120 countries. This showcases the broad, international appeal and engagement with Solana's blockchain technology.
How significant are Solana hackathons for the ecosystem?
Solana hackathons have been crucial, with 80% of venture-capital-backed startups in the ecosystem having their roots in these events. These hackathons have become a critical launching pad for new companies and ideas within the Solana community.
Who won the grand prize at the Hyperdrive hackathon?
The grand prize at the Hyperdrive hackathon went to Blaug's Bot, which was unanimously chosen by the judges as the best project of the event, reflecting the innovation and potential impact the project could have on the ecosystem.
- Key Points:
- Facts + Figures
- Top quotes
- Questions Answered