Earn 7.0% APY staking with Solana Compass
Help decentralize and secure the Solana network delegating your stake to us and earn an impressive 7.0% APY yield on your SOL, while supporting us to create new guides and tools. Learn more
Earn 7.0% APY staking with Solana Compass
Help decentralize and secure the Solana network delegating your stake to us and earn an impressive 7.0% APY yield on your SOL, while supporting us to create new guides and tools.
Breakpoint 2023: The Future of Web3 Infrastructure
An insightful overview of the advancement of Web3 infrastructure as presented at Breakpoint 2023, emphasizing the new solutions provided by Syndica for enhancing developer experience and app deployments.
At Breakpoint 2023, an event dedicated to discussing the forefront of technological progression within the Web3 space, a key theme was the future of Web3 infrastructure. The talk emphasizes the need for better integration and a smoother development experience as connections between Web2 and Web3 platforms remain disparate. Syndica, a company providing cloud services tailored to Web3, presented their approach to bridging this gap through a suite of infrastructure and developer tools designed to enhance the experience for Web3 on the Solana network. From their Edge Gateway to services such as Sniper's NFT aggregator platform, Syndica is focused on increasing the throughput and reducing the latency of applications within the decentralized ecosystem.
Syndica's Role in Web3 Development
Syndica's mission centers on constructing a Web3-native cloud and a comprehensive set of developer tools. They aim to facilitate a seamless developer experience with technology built from the ground up, specifically for Web3. This involves custom hardware and software solutions, such as their Edge Gateway, which showcases improvements in connectivity and resource management over traditional API gateways. With the upcoming V2 release, Syndica promises significant performance enhancements, demonstrating their commitment to advancing the reliability of the infrastructure that supports blockchain technologies.
App Deployments and Developer Tools
Developer friction is a primary concern for Syndica as they strive to simplify Web3 development. In their new release, they've included features for easy app deployment, mirroring the convenience found in Web2 counterparts. The deployment process is straightforward, integrating with version control systems and even allowing for quick domain connection. Their goal is to provide a high-throughput, low-latency connection to on-chain events, thereby creating an optimal environment for developers building on the Solana blockchain.
Commitment to Affordable and Accessible Service
Accessibility and cost-efficiency are key tenets of Syndica's philosophy. They seek to eliminate barriers for developers by offering free RPC calls and affordable plans for higher levels of traffic. In the V2 launch, Syndica promises 10 million free monthly RPC calls without requiring credit card information, signifying an inclusive approach to resource access in web development. For larger-scale developers, more comprehensive plans with increased limits are also available.
Facts + Figures
- Star Atlas, a protocol utilizing Syndica's infrastructure, experiences more on-chain transactions than the entire Polygon network.
- Syndica powers the Solana wallet for Brave, a privacy-focused browser with over 57 million monthly and 22 million daily active users as of June 2023.
- Syndica's V2 update offers a 30% speed enhancement on average for the most common RPC methods and up to a 10x increase in throughput for certain other methods.
- Custom hardware developed by Syndica includes a variety of tested components to handle their anticipated scaling needs.
- The company features a dynamic indexer to power dashboards and server actions based on transactions or account updates.
- Sniper, an NFT aggregator using Syndica's technology, has improved order failure time from 10 seconds down to 300 milliseconds.
- Syndica offers 10 million free RPC calls monthly with their V2 and a scale mode priced at $200 a month for 200 million RPC calls.
- Syndica is behind SIG, a new Solana client validator.
- The company is actively hiring for various positions to support its growth.
- "We take a comprehensive approach on Web 3 infrastructure."
- "We were one of the first infrastructure providers in Solana and we've learned a lot over the last 24 months of being in this ecosystem."
- "Our goal is to simplify Web3 development in Solana, and that's what this stack allows us to do."
- "Why do we decide to actually build out app deployments directly here at Syndica? [...] Reducing developer friction coming into Web3."
- "We actually want to reduce the friction for any developer around the world to start building on Solana and building on Syndica."
What is the vision of Syndica for Web3 infrastructure?
Syndica's vision is to create a cloud native to Web3 that bridges the gap between the development experiences of Web 2 and Web 3. They focus on delivering a set of developer tools and infrastructure improvements designed to simplify and expedite Web3 development, particularly on the Solana blockchain.
How does Syndica's Edge Gateway contribute to Web3 infrastructure?
The Edge Gateway is Syndica's custom API gateway built specifically for the needs of Web3, equipped with load balancing, traffic management, authentication, logging, threat mitigation, and analytics. Unlike traditional API gateways, it's designed to keep nodes synchronized and optimally serve traffic in a Web3 environment.
What are the new features coming with Syndica's V2 update?
With the V2 update, developers can look forward to a 30% speed improvement on RPC methods, a more straightforward application deployment process, enhanced throughputs, and the dynamic indexer for transaction updates. Moreover, developers can start with 10 million free RPC calls each month.
How does Syndica aim to lower entry barriers for developers?
Syndica aims to lower the entry barriers for developers by offering free resources like 10 million free monthly RPC calls without requiring credit card information to sign up. This enables developers from around the world, regardless of financial constraints, to begin building on Solana with minimal friction.
What does Syndica's offer to larger-scale developers or enterprises?
For larger-scale developers or enterprises experiencing significant traffic, Syndica provides custom plans with higher RPC call limits. One such option is their scalable plan that includes 200 million RPC calls for $200 a month. They also offer bespoke services to meet the needs of enterprise-level clients.
- Key Points:
- Facts + Figures
- Top quotes
- What is the vision of Syndica for Web3 infrastructure?
- How does Syndica's Edge Gateway contribute to Web3 infrastructure?
- What are the new features coming with Syndica's V2 update?
- How does Syndica aim to lower entry barriers for developers?
- What does Syndica's offer to larger-scale developers or enterprises?